Last updated: July 1, 2022
Encyro, Inc. is committed to your privacy, not only by letting you communicate your private data securely with others but also in our commitment to protect the personal data shared with us.
- Do you hate it when they ask for your phone number or business name just to sign up? We do too. We avoid collecting extra information whenever possible. For instance, when you create your account, we only ask for your email (we need that to contact you regarding your account). When you make a payment, we only ask for the information required to process your credit card transaction and to comply with tax-related laws.
- Hate spam? We do too. We do not share your information with third parties except when required. Common examples include assisting law enforcement, operating our products and services, or protecting our rights.
We ensure your information is handled responsibly and in accordance with applicable data and privacy laws. We have procedures in place, including technology safeguards and mandates regarding information handling by employees.
- Additional Website addresses including www.Encyro.com, www.encyro.com/blog, apps.Encyro.com, other subdomains of Encyro.com or Encyro.app, or another Website hosted by the Company.
- Applications including the Encyro Outlook Addin, Encyro Addin for Microsoft 365 Email, Encyro Gmail Addon, or other client applications.
- Any other tools and systems that connect to the Service.
The policy governs how we collect, store, and use the information provided. Please note that this policy applies only to Encyro, Inc. and its subsidiaries, and not to other parties such as:
- Websites maintained by other companies or organizations that may be linked from our website
- Recipients of information you send using our services (e.g. via upload pages created by your service providers)
- Individuals, businesses, or organizations using our services to communicate with you
What Information We Collect
We collect information about you in the following ways.
Information you Provide us Directly
This information includes your username, full name, address, phone number, email address, photo, and business logo provided during account creation or setting updates. This also includes messages and documents you upload, send, or receive using our services.
Information from Your Use of Our Products and Services (Log Data)
When you visit the Website, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends. This may include your IP address, browser type, or the domain from which you are visiting, the websites you visit, the search terms you used, and any advertisements you click. Additionally, we may collect information including but not restricted to device identifiers, location data, performance measures, such as time taken to load our webpage and errors that occurred. This type of information is collectively referred to as Log Data.
Certain third parties we use to advertise and promote our mission, including Google Analytics and AdWords Remarketing, may also store cookies for correct operations of their advertising features. We may use their advertising features to help promote our mission to make security easier and to advertise our free or paid products. We do not use these third-party cookies to identify you, and the cookies do not give control of your computer to Google or other third parties.
If you communicate with us (via email, phone, through Encyro secure messages, or otherwise), we may maintain a record of your communication.
Through Integrated Providers
When you use our Website features that utilize other providers such as Google or Facebook sign-in or import contacts, we receive information from those providers. We delete the information we don’t need and only store what is required.
We may obtain an approximate location when you are using our services, using your IP address or other information exposed by your device.
How We Use Information We Collect
Information You Provide Us Directly and Through Integrated Providers
We use the information provided by you, directly or through integrated providers (e.g. Google Sign In), to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features of our products and services. For instance, the name provided by you may be used to show the sender’s name on secure messages sent by you to others.
We may use your contact information to communicate with you regarding the use of our services, including providing billing statements, verifying your email or other contact information, communicating during a support incident, and sending product or service related notifications. In addition, we may use your contact information for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to receive promotional information or communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications. You may also change the email communication settings through your Encyro account.
Log Data and Location
We use log data and location data to monitor the use of the Website and our Service, for the Website’s technical administration, and for security audits.
We may use location data to customize your experience on our website, such as to show legal notices relevant to your location, pre-fill the country in address forms, or show content in a specific language believed to be more popular in your location.
We use cookie data to:
- Personalize content: Cookies help us remember important information that allows us to show specific personalized content. For instance, cookies may be used to remember the previous task you performed on our website so that we can show the relevant next step when redirecting you to a new page.
- Monitor site traffic: Cookie data may be used to passively collect demographic information, analyze access to our website, and detect threats. For instance, cookies help us check how many distinct users are using our website, and which content is more popular.
- Control access: We use cookie data to save authentication information that allows you to access pages after a successful login. We may also use cookie data to remember your browser and use an easier login process when appropriate. We may link cookie information from our cookies (first-party cookies) to personal information.
Third Party Cookies
We use third-party cookies, such as those stored by Google Advertising, Google Analytics, and Google AdWords Remarketing, to show you advertisements related to our mission, our informational blog posts, downloadable resources, our free products, and free trials for our paid products. We may also use these cookies to show you advertisements for our paid products. We DO NOT COMBINE any information from third-party cookies with our own data in an attempt to identify you.
A complete list of cookies stored by our website is typically available through your browser. You may review the privacy policies of the third parties that store cookies by visiting their corresponding websites.
We may use communication records to help improve our documentation, to monitor the quality of our customer support, to improve our products in response to our users’ concerns and questions, or to protect our rights.
We may use publicly available portions of your information (such as those pieces of your information that you make visible on your Encyro upload page, or are publicly posted on your website at the time of our access), including your logo, to identify you as a recipient of our services in sales presentations, marketing materials, press releases, or for other promotional purposes.
How We Share Information We Collect
We do not share your personal information with third parties except when directed by you, including:
- If you communicate with one or more third parties using our services, in which case your email address, name, business name, and certain other details may be revealed to the communicating parties.
- If you post your contact information on your upload page, such as to showcase your brand.
In addition, information may be shared with a limited number of third parties, on a need basis, as follows:
Service Providers: We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to us, including, without limitation, hosting and maintenance, customer relationship, database storage and management, and data center operations. We will share your personally identifiable information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these functions and provide such services, and only pursuant to binding contractual obligations requiring such third parties to maintain the privacy and security of your data.
Law Enforcement: The use of encryption technology provided by our services is not intended to avoid any law enforcement processes. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of the Company or a third party, the safety of the public or any person, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to comply with the law.
We may be required by law to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including meeting national security or law enforcement requirements.
Your Account Credentials
If you use this site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer where the browser may remember your login credentials. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. Encyro, Inc. reserves the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel memberships or other purchases in their sole discretion.
You may lose access to your data stored with us if you lose your account credentials, and our password recovery procedures are not able to verify your identity.
Use by Children
Our services are not meant for children under the age of 16 years old. If your child provided us with personal information without your consent please contact us. We do not knowingly collect personal information when know that the personal information is from a child under 16.
Transfer of Data
We store your data in multiple data centers in the United States (US). We use technological and organizational safeguards to keep your data secure. More information on the security safeguards we use is available here. If you use our products or services outside the US, your data may pass through other countries during transfer. We use encryption to protect your data during international transfers and transfers within the US. We also use encryption to protect stored data.
Under California law, California residents may request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the types of personal information disclosed to those parties. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please submit your request using the contact information at the end of this policy page.
Users in the European Economic Area (EEA) have the following rights:
- Right to request access to and rectification of your personal data. You may download or edit your personal information provided directly by you through the settings in Encyro products and services. You may also contact us using the contact information provided below.
- Right to erasure of personal data, or restriction of processing concerning your data, or to object to processing. You may exercise these rights by deleting your data using the delete function within our products and services, or by contacting us.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. This list may help you determine the relevant supervisory authority for the country.
When you contact us to exercise the above rights, we may take reasonable steps to verify the identity of the person making the request. This is in an effort to verify that the request is coming from the person who owns the data relevant to the request.
Encyro, Inc. complies with the EU-U.S. Data Privacy Framework (EU-U.S. DPF), the UK Extension to the EU-U.S. DPF, and the Swiss-U.S. Data Privacy Framework (Swiss-U.S. DPF) as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce.
To learn more about the Data Privacy Framework (DPF) program, and to view our certification, please visit https://www.dataprivacyframework.gov/.
Encyro, Inc. is subject to investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Existence of Automated Decision Making
We do not knowingly perform any automated decision making or profiling that may result in legal effects concerning you, discriminate against you or in your favor, or violate any laws.
Our automated processing may or does:
- Verify your password or other credentials to decide if access should be granted when using our products and services.
- Automatically determine a folder name, design theme color, or any other branding element based on information you provide, including, but not limited to, your email address and business logo image.
Employees’ and Prospective Employees’ Information
Information provided by employees and prospective employees may be treated differently from user information. Employee and prospective employee personal information may be used to:
- Communicate with potential employees regarding their employment application.
- Carry out human resource processes, such as training, career planning, signing contracts, evaluations, and providing benefits.
- Setup means for communication with other employees, vendors, and customers, such as a company email account.
- Prepare and file wages and compensation reports with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and relevant state agencies.
- Complying with legal requirements and procedures.
Encyro, Inc. does not seek or request employee and prospective employee information from individuals subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Framework.
Who We Are, and Contact Details
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, contact us using the website. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at: Encyro, Inc., ATTN: LEGAL, 420 N McKinley St., Ste 111-419, Corona, California 92879.
Experience the ease of use with a 14-day free trial!
No credit card required. Your trial automatically converts to the free plan upon expiry, unless you purchase another plan.